The reason you’re going on a vacation is because you’re stressed out with your everyday life and you want to take a break. Flying to Puerto Princesa to go to the world famous El Nido is a good plan. This place has all the right ingredients to give you the most relaxing vacation ever. But of course, if you don’t plan it right, you might end up getting even more stressed. Here are ways on how you can ensure a stress-free and relaxing vacation in El Nido, Palawan.
Avoid the crowds
As it is a popular tourist destination, El Nido can get quite crowded during the summer season, particularly on Holy Week. How can you relax if there are so many people around? If you can help it, try to avoid the peak season. If you want to go on summer because of the nice El Nido weather, at least visit on a weekday and avoid holidays. Busy days are not only crowded but also more expensive. Many hotels in El Nido charge higher rates during peak season. Spending more than what you can afford can also be distressing.
Avail a package tour
Package tours may have limited itinerary but the good thing about getting one is that it takes care of everything you need for your trip. Some packages include roundtrip air fare, transfer from Puerto Princesa to El Nido and vice versa, hotel accommodation, and island hopping tours. You would only do one booking for all your vacation needs. How convenient is that? Just make sure that you avail package tours from a reputable travel agency.
Research and book ahead
Now, if you prefer to do it your own way as you want to have full control over your itinerary and other details of your vacation, allot time for extensive research and try to book ahead. You don’t want to wait until the last minute to book your hotel. It can be quite taxing if you can’t find a place to stay and it’s only a few days before your vacation. You don’t want to make wrong decisions on your hotel or your transfer to El Nido so you have to be well-informed and research about these matters. Find a hotel or inn that will offer you with a comfortable, clean and quiet room. If you want to go for a luxury treat, you may find the information below on high-end island resorts in El Nido useful.
For many people, El Nido is dream destination. It has everything you’ll ever want in a tropical paradise—crystal waters teeming with marine life, sandy beaches where you can lie all day long, and dramatic natural vistas that you can’t get enough of. For a luxury vacation you won’t ever forget, consider these top El Nido resorts.
An idyllic destination for anyone looking for a relaxing escape, Miniloc Island Resort wows its guests with its coastal village atmosphere, rustic styled cottages, and dramatic natural vistas. It has 50 guestrooms made and furnished with local materials—wooden floors, woven bamboo walls, and more. All the rooms are powered entirely by solar energy and make use of energy-saving lights and fans.
- Water cottage – A 25-square-meter cottage for two, standing on stilts right beside the awe-inspiring limestone cliffs of the island.
- Seaview room – Like the water cottage, this one is also on stilts but is bigger at 43 square meters, and has two floors. It can accommodate up to four people.
- Garden cottage – Surrounded by verdant tropical plants, the garden cottage measures 27 square meters and can fit up to three people.
- Cliff cottage – Nestled on the cliff side, the cliff cottage provides magnificent panorama of Bacuit Bay. Its 43-square-meter space is good for up to four people.
- Beachside cottage – This one is located right in front of the beach and has 30 square meter area for three people.
Lagen in El Nido is situated within a four-hectare lush forest. One of the highlights of the resort is a beautiful shallow lagoon. Lagen is also said to have the “densest forest over limestone” among all the 45 islands and islands in El Nido. It is home to a wide array of flora and fauna, particularly bird species. The resort boasts of 50 stunning and eco-friendly suites made from recycled timber, featuring floor-to-ceiling glass doors that open to private verandas.
- Forest room – As the name implies, the forest room is located in the forest area of the resort.
- Forest suites – This is considered the most luxurious accommodation in the resort. Each suite covers an area of 70 square meters good for three people.
- Water cottage – Standing on stilts and connected to the resort and other cottages by a boardwalk, this accommodation measures 53 square meters.
- Beachfront cottage – This 53 square meter cottage is located in front of the beach and is located near the clubhouse and swimming pool.
Offering a quiet retreat away from the city hubbub, Pangulasian is indeed the great escape. It has well-appointed villas, topnotch amenities and breathtaking views of the 750-meter beach and lush tropical forests. The resort’s 42 superior accommodations are designed with modern Filipino and “cutting-edge green” style.
- Beach villa – This accommodation sits right in front of the beach, and is near the infinity pool, poolside grill and beach bar.
- Pool villa – What you’ll love about this villa is that it’s connected to a private pool that spans 22 square meters.
- Kalaw villa – It’s the villa to book if you like seclusion and privacy. This one is located in the hidden cove in the island. It has its own 85-square-meter lap pool and a 55-square-meter Kalaw sala for intimate dinners and gatherings.
- Canopy villa – Perched 15 meters above the ground, the canopy villa is accessible through a wooden boardwalk and stairs. It’s where you’ll get the best panoramic views of the island.
If you’re looking for an escape from your everyday life, El Nido resorts like Miniloc, Lagen and Pangulasian will give you what you’re looking for.
Create a smart itinerary
Don’t jam too many activities on one day. It’s enough to spend five to six hours island hopping and then spend the rest of the day chilling out in your hotel or at the beach or strolling around town. It’s also a great idea to engage in relaxing activities like getting a massage or reading a book by the beach. Keep yourself occupied with activities that will calm your mind and senses.
El Nido won’t be recognized as one of the world’s most beautiful destinations without good reason. Be a smart traveler and make the most out of what it has to offer. Follow these tips to have a relaxing vacation that you need and deserve.